Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital trip

After much back and forth i decided to take Adrian in to urgent care at the Children's hospital here. As I posted before he got sick on Wednesday morning throwing up and diarrhea. The throwing up lasted a day the diarrhea lasted 3 days with the third day being very bad!! He seemed to be drinking OK but Friday and Saturday he laid on the chair or couch all day and didnt want to move and basically slept all day. I started to get very worried and called the on call pediatrician. He thought it might be his blood sugar so I got him some OJ and he stayed the same. So Chino was on his way home so i packed Adrian all up and when Chino got here we left. Well...we went to Childrens Mercy urgent care got checked in and triaged and then they called us in a room. The doctor came in and looked at him and we talked about whats was going on with him and he decided to take some blood and give IV fluids. The nurses came in and wrapped him all up and started to take the blood and he screamed and cried and was yelling at them to stop and my heart broke! I started balling. They did do it all at once so once they got the bood the IV was put in and they ran fluids in him for about an hour while they waited on the bloodwork. When it was all said and done they got the bloodwork back from the lab and he said his electrolytes were a liuttle off balance but that he would have recovered on his own in a few days and that the fluids will hopefully give him the boost he needs. He is up now but still seems kinda drained so we'll see how the day plays out. Here are som pics of my little trooper!







2 comments:

Heather said...

Is Chino eating? LOL!, jk!
He looks so beat up and tired. I am glad he is doing better. Sorry you had to go through all of that, but hopefully he is back on the road to recovery now.
-h

Susan Lechuga said...

I am so sorry you went through that. My heart jumped when I heard he was in the hospital and I am glad to hear he is fine though. Hugs mama and he will be on the mend soon.